● Hi, I’m Jon! I am from Portsmouth, England. I have also lived in Malta for 20 years and currently I live with my wife and children in Scotland.
● In Malta I operated a local business for 20 number of years before I started teaching English 5 years ago.
● My interests include traveling, culture, music, food, technology, nature, reading, football, cricket and rugby.
● Teaching English is more than a job for me, I love helping people to improve themselves and reach their goals.
Me as a Teacher
● I have experience of teaching children for over 20 years and in my voluntary work, over 30 years.
● I have been teaching English since 2015 and have taught over 5000 lessons.
● I am fully TEFL certified.
● I have experience in teaching students of all ages and backgrounds, from 4 years old to 70+ and from complete beginners to advanced students, including teaching Business English. Apart from running my own business, I also worked for a large banking corporation for 14 years so my experience is vast and can help to assist you.
●I view myself as a kind and understanding teacher.
●I always aim to create a friendly but professional teacher-student relationship as relaxed students are productive students.
My Lessons & Teaching Style
● Practical Grammar lessons use a slideshow based lesson plan. You will be helped to use English grammar rules in natural settings. Lesson materials and homework are provided if required.
●English Conversation lessons are useful for developing confidence, fluency and naturalness in speaking.
● Presentation/Business English lessons. I can help prepare for any presentation/interview you may have.
● IELTS/TOEFL. I have a lot of experience in helping students prepare for these exams. My students often see improvements in their own English tests and performances whether it is at school, college or beyond, say at work. This has often helped them advance their own careers.
My Teaching Material
●Test templates and examples
●Articles and news
●Homework Assignments on request.
Thanks for viewing my profile. Feel free to book your first lesson!